Friday, April 16, 2010

Fotography Friday - Arlington Cemetery


Because I've been in DC this week I really wanted to use a picture taken here for this weeks Photography Friday. I've decided to use a photo from Arlington Cemetery. Not because it's the best picture I've ever taken, but because I enjoyed my time there so immensely. No picture, especially not this one, can capture the feeling of reverence and awe that is felt as one walks those grounds. I loved it there.

There is a strange type of beauty there. Even though it is tragic that these men and women have fallen. What they fell for is beautiful. And that makes them beautiful. I thought that the beautiful Cherry Blossoms that have fallen to the ground were, at least somewhat, symbolic.

-Travis_

To see this, or last weeks photo, full size visit my flickr page.

No comments: