Friday, April 9, 2010

Fotography Friday - Ireland


It's Fotography Friday here at Life is That Random. What does that mean you ask? Well, in my spare time I like to pretend that I'm a photographer so I thought that this would be a good place to post some of my favorite pieces.

Todays picture comes from my first trip into Ireland. I was 17 or 18 years old and we were traveling along the western coast trying to get to our B&B before it got too dark. I kept watching this amazing sunset getting darker and darker begging my dad to stop the car. Finally, he did stop just in front of a bridge that had a pretty clear view of the ocean. But I didn't really like the shot from their so I grabbed my tripod and went running down a short path towards the water, and there was a sailboat. I was so excited. With great haste I pulled out my camera strapped it on the tripod and took a picture. (This was back before I had a digital camera so I had to wait three weeks to see if it turned out alright.) The skies were completely dark about five minutes after this photo was taken.

To see the un-cropped full scale picture just click the image. Or go to my flickr page.
Thanks for reading.

-Travis Cox_


No comments: